Topics include the standardization of musical competence, visual art vs. music, ethnic diversity in young audiences, and pick of the week: Nico Muhly’s “Mothertongue”.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
This week’s panel:
This week’s topics include:
- Colin Eatock imagines the visual art world operating like the music world.
- Justin Davidson wants the new New York School to find their voice.
- Radiohead tries its hand at “tabloid” journalism.
- Hahn-Bin: Glam Bach?
- Have black and Latino youths lost interest in art?
- Carnegie Hall teams up with Juilliard and Toronto’s Royal Conservatory of Music to standardize musical competence.
Pick of the week: