Topics include the Brazilian Symphony concert walkout, the rebirth of a Honolulu orchestra, Eric Whitacre’s YouTube choir, music volume wars, new-music in musicology, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
This week’s panel:
This week’s topics include:
- Outrageous video of the Brazilian Symphony walking out on Maestro Roberto Minczuk.
- The venerable Philadelphia Orchestra will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- In Honolulu, things appear to be turning around for the orchestra.
- Eric Whitacre (and his fabulous hair) conducts the second YouTube virtual choir. (Sam and Dave think this guy’s YouTube project is a bit more creative.)
- NewMusicBox’s David Smooke questions the standard audio compression techniques used by the recording industry.
- Rob Deemer wonders why musicologists don’t spend more time on new-music.
- Adaptistration’s Drew McManus wants to help you get the job of your dreams…if you dream about working in arts administration.
Pick of the week: