This week, the panel discusses the Brooklyn Phil’s new season, Wagner in Israel, the viability of classical music apps, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- The Brooklyn Philharmonic highlights its upcoming season with free/cheap concerts featuring hip-hop and spoken word poetry.
- Frank J. Oteri gives us the skinny on the availability, archivability, and disposability of music.
- Do classical music apps suck? It depends on what you’re looking for.
- The Dallas Opera bails on the production of Janáček’s Katya Kabanova. Czech, please.
- The Israel Chamber Orchestra warms up to playing Wagner.
- The Metropolis Opera Project presents a concert featuring new chamber operas. Patrick goes on location to talk to Zachary Redler and Sara Cooper about their new piece, Breakfast.
- Next Week:
- Stay Tuned!