This week, we discussed several headlines, we feature our own Kevin Wilt in a recording session, and have a lengthy conversation about work flow. We finish by comparing Batman to Mathis der Maler.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- We discuss the Hummie Mann workshop, pairing Howard Shore with Richard Wagner, and the World Soundtrack Awards.
- Nico Muhly writes about getting recordings of his pieces and rehearsals, also covered on SoundNotion.
- There is a new cover of Morricone’s ‘Gabriel’s Oboe,’ sung by Hayley Westenra.
- Scott Glasgow’s follow-up to last week’s interview: he sampled the main title to Goldsmith’s Capricorn One on the Albion Orchestra sample set.
- Bill discusses why he liked the Chris Bacon score to Source Code.
- We take a video look at the recording session for Kevin’s film Renegade.
- Kevin and Jeff discuss their workflow for scoring films.
Danny Elfman’s score to Batman (Amazon MP3 – iTunes) or Bernard Herrmann’s score to Journey to the Center of the Earth (Amazon CD – iTunes), you might like Mathis der Maler by Paul Hindemith (Amazon MP3 – iTunes).