Los Angeles New Music Ensemble music director Christina Giacona joins the panel to discuss the passing of Steve Jobs, the Gramophone Awards (what’s that?), good times in Seattle and Brooklyn, and the perfidy over donor money in the Philadelphia Orchestra.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Steve Jobs passes but we’ll be listening to his legacy for while yet.
- The panel breaks down this years’s Gramophone winners (it’s like the Grammys in the US, but for classical music).
- The Brooklyn Philharmonic and the Seattle Symphony come out swinging for the 2011/12 season, both under new music directors.
- The panel ponders curriculum for the well rounded music student.
- We grow weary of discussing these stories, but in Philadelphia, the perfidy (look it up) between orchestra and management reaches a new low.