Ty Forquer joins us to give a high-five to the LA Phil, watch the Louisville Orchestra take dangerous steps, see Philip Glass (finally) make the big time, discuss elitism, and debate what exactly makes music “good.” Happy birthday Brassland!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Schott launches a new digital publishing platform for contemporary composers.
- Meredith Monk is Musical America’s Composer of the Year.
- Philip Glass finally gets his big break with a New York Philharmonic live performance of Koyaanisqatsi.
- Brassland turns 10, and we all get presents!
- LA Phil is heralded for its financial success!
- Louisville Orchestra hiring non-union workers breeds more trouble in the orchestra world.
- Mr. Gullo tells all about October’s SONiC Festival.
- Frank J. Oteri watches WQXR raise awareness of perhaps the world’s most famous composer: Obeythoven.
- Who you callin’ elitist?
- David Smooke discusses why there is more “good music” these days.