Timothy Rosenberg and Víctor Márquez Barrios join us to discuss the Jeffrey Kahane’s Baroque iPad, Wolf Fifth’s awesome archive, UK’s plan to save classical music, what every new music student should know, and much much more!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Leonard Slatkin signs contracts for marriage and a new three year deal with DSO.
- Jeffrey Kahane recently conducted the New York Philharmonic from an authentic, Baroque period iPad. Either that or he was playing Angry Birds at the harpsichord.
- Modern Tempo pointed out the Wolf Fifth project to rescue out of print LPs of avant garde and experimental music.
- UK’s National Music Plan makes us all wish we were British.
- Dave doesn’t think adapting for opera will make you a quick buck.
- Peabody’s David Smooke considers a more wholistic approach to conservatory-style music teaching.