Armando Bayolo joins the panel to discuss recent awards and nominations, the idea of “frightening music”, the Louisville Orchestra, Occupy Wall Street at Lincoln Center, and much more!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week composer/conductor Armando Bayolo discusses freelancing and related activities. PLUS! Patrick states the obvious.
- Ted Gioia is counting down the top 100 CDs of 2011. For our younger viewers – CD.
- Sam Swoons under pronunciation stress – IT’S “Dithyrambalina” you idiot! A New Orleans collaboration produces a “shantytown-sound laboratory.”
- A Grawemeyer triumph for Esa-Pekka Salonen or violin mafia racketeering? You decide.
- David Smooke wants to incite a riot.
- Friend of the show Drew McManus looks for perspective as the Louisville Orchestra goes trolling for replacement talent.
- Lincoln Center and Faust get Occupied. To be heard over the noise, Philip Glass had to repeat himself.