SoundNotion kicks off the new year with the Queen of Soul’s search for new opera talent, musical happenings, the Oregon Symphony saves some cash, Opera Boston’s sudden crash, the New York Phil’s “newish” music series, and Bang on a Can’s 25th birthday.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin wants a little R E S P E C T for emerging opera talent.
- Alexandra Gardner contemplates the value of music performance in communal spaces.
- The Oregon Symphony drops its membership to the League of American Orchestras (and saves 17,000 bucks).
- Opera Boston buckles under its financial burden (didn’t they just premiere a Pulitzer prize winning opera?).
- The New York Phil shows their dedication to offering the best in “newish” music.
- FotS Rob Deemer wants to know if we can come to some kind of arrangement.