In this episode we look at the Oscar nominations, give our own and others’ reactions to them, articles regarding recent scores, and a new score to an old film.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Oscar Nominations for Best Original Score
- The adventures of tintin – John Williams
- The Artist – Ludovic Bource
- Hugo – Howard Shore
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy – Alberto Iglesias
- War Horse – John Williams
- New Yorker: Best Snubbed Soundtracks.
- More thoughts on War Horse.
- NPR Linda Holmes article regarding why only two songs were nominated.
- Scorekeeper at Ain’t It Cool News lists his top ten 2011 scores.
- French duo Air scores Georges Melies Le Voyage Dans La Lune (A Trip To the Moon).
- Article by Allison Loring regarding Marc Streitenfeld’s score to The Grey.