In this episode we cover the Grammy winners, an Oscar song nomination, a live score performance of Return of the King, a Bear McCreary interview, a 1930s campaign against recorded film scores, as well as what Kevin and I have been listening to this week.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Watch the Grand Rapids Symphony perform a live score to The Return of the King.
- The best song nominees may not be performed at Oscars.
- Bear McCreary talks about the role of the perfect fifth in Sci-Fi themes.
- 1930 ads that show the American Federation of Musicians attacking recorded film scores.
- Congrats to the 2012 Grammy winners:
- Best Musical Theater Album: The Book of Mormon (Trey Parker & Matt Stone)
- Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media: Boardwalk Empire Vol. 1 (Various Artists)
- Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media: The King’s Speech (Alexandre Desplat)
- Best Song Written for Visual Media: I See the Light (from Tangled, Alan Menken & Glenn Slater)
- Oscar song nomination part 1: Man or Muppet by Bret McKenzie