eighth blackbird’s Lisa Kaplan joins the panel to discuss the group’s recent Grammy win, the Golijov-Bergeman “scandal”, out-of-this-world Kickstarter patronage, and much more!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- eighth blackbird’s Lisa Kaplan fills us in on what it’s like to win a Grammy and the Award’s place in contemporary classical music.
- Osvaldo Golijov and Michael Ward-Bergeman: Was it really plagiarism? Is this all hype? Thoughts on Sidereus and Barbeich. (Is this a “-gate” yet?)
- Christopher Rouse has been named Composer-in-Residence at the New York Philharmonic. Check out their upcoming season here.
- Luis Andrei Cobo is asking $150K on eBay to write a full opera with all the bells and whistles. What a deal! Best to snatch this one up while it’s still available.
- Kickstarter is giving the National Endowment for the Arts a run for its money. It’s set to bring in over $150 million in 2012.