London based performer and composer Kerry Andrew joins the panel to discuss the weeks music news and how to get more women composing. We find the answer painfully obvious.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week the panel welcomes London based composer, performer, educator, remixer, writer and football fan Kerry Andrew.
- Why so few female composers? Kerry helps us figure it out.
- “CELLOS!! – A little more Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy,” said Leonard Slatkin. – Kid Rock supports the DSO.
- The NEA takes a closer look at Kickstarter’s numbers from last week.
- David Lang’s Youtube auditions yield a winner. Catch the show to see piano two, four and six hands.
- The Opera Orchestra of New York cancels the concert performance feature of Placido Domingo in Simon Boccanegra when an anonymous donor yanks a cool $250,000.
- Valery Gergiev makes a campaign video for Vladamir Putin. Wait a minture … er, WHAT?
- Master of the little trumpet, Maurice Andre dies at 78.
- The Chicago Composers Orchestra is going strong in its second season.