Composer James Holt joins the panel to discuss jerks, doppelgangers, pie charts, composer as critic, poetry as analysis, sqwonkification, Osvaldo Golijov and more.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- James Holt joins the panel to discuss the week’s news, his podcast, and sqwonkification of Action Items (performed by Sqwonk of course).
- News Flash! Rush Limbaugh is a jerk. The Philadelphia Orchestra pulls its adds from his show.
- Joshua Bell’s doppelganger burglarises his hotel room in Spain (we’re not making this up).
- FoTS Rob Deemer? Some say he’s crazy. I say he’s channeling Dr. Suess.
- Anne Midgette ponders the musician/composer as critic.
- FoTS David Smooke takes his gender inequality with a little pie.
- The absolute, final, no-need-to-discuss-this-anymore-whatsoever last word on the Osvaldo Golijov controversy. More on this next week.
- The new Smith Center for the Performing Arts in Las Vegas is big and beautiful and full of potential.