This week Douglas Boyce of counter)induction joins the panel. We take on music myths, creative programing, conflict in performance, Make Music, Occupy Guitarmy (yes Guitarmy), settlement in Louisville? NEWS FLASH: MUSIC + CHILDREN = EMPATHY.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Douglas Boyce of counter)induction joins the panel this week. c)i’s new CD group theory from New Dynamic Records mixes up the mixed chamber ensemble.
- Tom Service takes on five myths about contemporary classical music. We take on his take on the number and character of the myths.
- The economic downturn brought no sympathy for the creative class.
- The American Composers Orchestra Announces 21st Annual Underwood New Music Readings. The people’s choice winner gets to compose a ringtone!
- Make Music NY is set for June 21st.
- Occupy Guitarmy? “I got my first real six-string, Bought it at the five-and-dime…”
- Find Kevin Puts’ Pulitzer Prize winning opera Silent Night for free-99 at NPR. Maybe this will cure the opera/pulitzer curse.
- Louisville Orchestra management and labor may be headed for a settlement.
- MUSIC + CHILDREN = EMPATHY