Composer/educator Augusta Read Thomas joins the panel to discuss her upcoming premieres, the composer’s took box, Schoenberg’s legacy, the St. Louis Symphony, and her obsession with metal!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion composer educator Augusta Read Thomas joins the panel to discuss the week’s news, being super busy and her lifelong obsession with metal (not that metal, actual metal with Third Coast Percussion at the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center).
- Oh yeah – She’s also got premieres with the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, The National Centre for the Performing Arts Symphony Orchestra in Beijing and The Boston Symphony Orchestra.
- St. Louis Symphony musicians reach a four year deal (WHAT? Musicians getting a raise).
- Your brain likes patterns in music (as long as Schoenberg didn’t come up with them).
- Speaking of Schoenberg, Bill Eddins says that it’s all his fault.