In this episode we look at The Dark Knight Rises score, the Emmy nominations, anticipate Zimmer’s Superman score, wish a restful peace for Marvin Hamlisch, Bill answers an email, new CD releases, and we talk about what we’ve been listening to lately.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Preview Nathan Johnson’s score to Looper.
- An early interview (another here) with Hans Zimmer re: his Man of Steel score.
- Marvin Hamlisch passed away. Obit here.
- Emmy nominations announced.
- Warner Bros. buys Miramax film music catalogue.
- Nitin Sawhney composes score to silent Hitchcock film “The Lodger.”
- Hans Zimmer composed “Aurora” for victims of the theatre shooting.
- Hans Zimmer releases a DKR app.
- The Dark Knight Rises score reviews
- CD releases: North by Northwest (Herrmann), Wolfen (unused Safan), The Shadow (2CD, Goldsmith), The Phantom (D Newman), Rio Lobo (Goldsmith), Batman Animated Series Vol. 1 & 2 (S Walker & team), Used Cars (P Williams, Ernest Gold), X-Men United 2CD (J Ottman), Green Lantern Animated Series (F Wiedmann)