This week we talk about hope for Ives house, keeping tickets cheap at The Met and access to USA Projects for students, classical radio in Philly (that’s not afraid to get crunchy), piano graveyards and making the most out of the Pussy Riot kerfuffle.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion the Charles Ives Society announces that it will announce a plan to save the historic Ives house.
- USA Projects is now open to students, alumni and faculty.
- The Metropolitan Opera finds new funding to support rush tickets for students after the passing of benefactor Agnes Varis (she had been funding the entire thing).
- WWFM out of Mercer County Community College likes its classical music on the crunchy side.
- When pianos are sent to die. Warning! Graphic images of piano violence. Please, help stop the madness.
- Pussy Riot has become world famous with just 6 songs in the can thus far. Frank Oteri wants to know how we can make the most out of the turmoil.
- AND We made a Spotify playlist. Check out SoundNotion radio with picks of the week and other stuff we like.