This week Philip Bradbury brings his interactive, graphic novel, music project with artist Dave Gardiner featuring a martial artist/jazz saxophonist. Also Kozinn shafted, Cage is 100, the artist formerly know as Han Bin, and Gene Roddenberry is a jerk.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion Philip Bradbury brings his interactive, graphic novel, music project with artist Dave Gardiner featuring a martial artist/jazz saxophonist. Get behind this project here.
- Philip also has wind symphony piece about the NASA space shuttle program – The World in My Window.
- ArtistDirect hires some big guns for a new online classical education program.
- Allan Kozinn gets a “lateral promotion” from covering the classical beat to “general cultural” reporting. Look here if you want him put back on the job.
- Cage would have turned 100 this week. What’s the big deal? (this sweet app for starters)
- Orchestras in Indianapolis, San Antonio and Atlanta face serious labor issues.
- Hahn-Bin = Amadeus Leopold.
- Gene Roddenberry steals from Star Trek theme composer Alexander Courage.
- Prolific lyricist and Burt Bacharach collaborator Hal David dies at 91.