This week on SoundNotion the effects of hurricane Sandy on New Amsterdam records and the arts community in New York, the Pittsburgh Symphony plays the King of Pop (tough clarinet excerpt!), PLUS an unfair and out of balance look at art in politics.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Hurricane Sandy wreaks havoc on New Amsterdam Records and its namesake neighborhood Red Hook (Roode Hoek). Support the clean up and the New Amsterdam artists – Donate.
- #FoTS Rob Deemer has an overview of Sandy’s toll on the music community.
- Maestra Alsop has a tree in her studio! It’s not as cool as it sounds.
- Americans for the Arts has your representative’s arts report card and a handy presidential candidate arts position comparison chart. Thanks to #FoTS Drew McManus for this one.
- The Topos Partnership has a plan to get communities invested in art.
- The Pittsburgh Symphony hopes to moonwalk all the way to the bank.