This week on SoundNotion the panel is joined by performer/composer/mutant crime fighter Robert Paterson. We discuss his new release of six mallet marimba music, reading music from “tablets”, 25 years of Naxos and the long career of Elliott Carter.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion the panel is joined by performer/composer/mutant crime fighter Robert Paterson. We discuss his new release of six mallet marimba music, upcoming gigs and the “safe word.”
- Elliott Carter dies at 103 after a long, fruitful career.
- The election is over – What music do you think should be played at Obama’s second inaugural? I know what I would choose.
- The Brussels Philharmonic has traded staff paper for “tablets.”
- Kevin Puts and Mark Campbell to produce opera version of ‘The Manchurian Candidate’ scheduled for the 2014-15 season with the Minnesota Opera.
- Naxos records turns 25.
- Some of the Sibelius UK team find a soft landing at Steinberg Media Technologies.
- Bang on a Can founding member Evan Ziporyn bangs on his last can.