This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by composer, educator and sound painter Bill Ryan with his new album, stories of how to build a successful new music ensemble, the week’s news and the secret to making it big on MTV.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion, composer, educator and sound painter Bill Ryan joins the panel, bringing along his new album, stories of how to build a successful new music ensemble, and the secret to making it big on MTV.
- Spring for Music is going out with style. New music and living composers OH MY!
- Don’t look now but the The New York Philharmonic’s new season has got that stuff all over it too.
- Daniel Dehaan and Ryan Ingebritsen team up to help Katinka Kleijn’s brain talk to her cello.
- Since 1991, Francesco Lotoro has worked to save musical works created by victims of The Holocaust. Find a compilation here.
- New York Times classical music editor James Oestreich accepts a buyout and will retire at the end of the month.
- Pew’s Internet & American Life Project did a study. Spoiler alert! – Arts organizations use the internet.
- UbuWeb got their paws on the Wolf Fifth collection of rare avant garde LPs. (In case you didn’t know, they host cool stuff on the internet for free.)