In this episode we talk about the Oscars, JJ Abrams’ new Star Wars and who will score it, a few headlines, and what we’ve been listening to lately. Oh, and Happy Birthday John Williams!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Congrats to Oscar winners Mycheal Danna for Life of Pi, Adele for “Skyfall”
- John Williams: he hopes to return for more Star Wars, and will conduct the Baltimore Symphony on Tuesday, June 4th, in a concert honoring Steven Spielberg.
- Michael Giacchino: is hired to score new Wachowksi film, Jupiter Ascending, and tweeted that recording sessions for Star Trek Into Darkness have begun.
- Alexander Desplat hired to score new George Clooney film, The Monuments Men.
- Early listen to Oblivion score track titled ‘StarWaves’ by M83.
- BBC Sherlock composers (David Arnold and Michael Price) win at Music + Sound ceremony.
- Bill’s been listening to Side Effects (Thomas Newman), Dredd (Paul Leonard-Morgan), Jekyll (Debbie Wiseman), Layer Cake (Ilan Eshkeri, Lisa Gerrard).
- Kevin’s been listening to Laura (David Raksin) – re-release from Kritzerland, The Witches of Eastwick (Williams) – re-release from Perseverance.