In this episode we look at an article about changing trends in scoring superhero music, J.J. Abrams talks Williams scoring Star Wars, Zimmer’s Man of Steel music, we talk about summer movie scores, and look at new CD releases.
- Alan Silvestri hired to score RED 2.
- Variety article, by John Burlingame about the evolution of superhero music.
- Yes, it was Hanz Zimmer’s music in the third Man of Trailer.
- Listen to 60 seconds of each score track from Man of Steel expanded album.
- J.J. Abrams thinks John Williams will score Episode VII.
- Bill has been listening to Oblivion, Iron Man 3, Hemlock Grove (Nathan Barr), Evil Dead (Roque Baños)
- Kevin has been listening to Oblivion (Anthony Gonzalez, Joseph Trapanese, M83), Iron Man 3: (Brian Tyler), 42 (Mark Isham)
- New CD releases: Speechless (Marc Shaiman), Bandelero (J Goldsmith), Willard (Shirley Walker), Firebirds (David Newman), Days of Wine & Roses (H Mancini), Five Days from Home (Bill Conti), Von Ryan’s Express/The Detective (J Goldsmith)
- Summer Movie Scores Part 1 – Oblivion, Iron Man 3