This week on SoundNotion, saxophonist and educator Tim McAllister joins the panel. He premieres a new saxophone concerto by John Adams with the Sydney Symphony on August 22. We discuss style, artistry and how a piece can rock even without slap tonguing.
- This week on SoundNotion, saxophonist, educator, and PRISM Quartet member Tim McAllister joins the panel.
- He will premiere a new saxophone concerto by John Adams with the Sydney Symphony on August 22.
- The new Adams piece is about 32 minutes long. Pulitzer prize-winning composer Kevin Puts has some thoughts on large-scale works as well.
- Keep up with the latest on Tim McAllister and John Adams on Twitter.
- Attention saxophonists! Interested in getting your hands on a piano reduction of the new Adams concerto down the road? According to Tim, Liz Ames is the right person for the job.