This week on SN, Dave MacDonald interviews Marc Ostrow about ScoreStreet, his new one stop shopping venture for new music composers and performers. Naming SaveOurSymphonyMN.org, Congress reviews US copyright law, Chia-Jung Tsay sees music differently.
- This week on SN, Dave MacDonald interviews Marc Ostrow about ScoreStreet, his new one stop shopping venture for new music composers and performers.
- DOMAINGATE! The Minnesota Orchestra Association puts the “ass” in Association. Patrons and donors of the Minnesota Orchestra found saveoursymphonymn.org despite the worst efforts of management. The continued labor issues also put the orchestra’s Sibelius recording project on hiatus.
- Want to write the Steamboat Willie Symphony in 2023? If congress doesn’t tag on an additional 20 years to our already ridiculous copyright laws, you may get your chance.
- Harvard double Ph.D. Chia-Jung Tsay conducted a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that suggests when it comes to music competitions, seeing is believing.
- Piano great and long-time, eponymous host of the incredibly popular public radio show Marian McPartland’s Piano Jazz dies at 95.