Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Aaron Jay Kernis joins the panel to discuss the woes of the Minnesota Orchestra, his recent resignation from the organization’s Composer Institute, some exciting upcoming commissions and the week’s news.
- This week on SoundNotion, Pulitzer Prize-winning composer and mentor Aaron Jay Kernis joins the panel.
- We discuss his recent departure as Director of the Composer Institute at the Minnesota Orchestra and the future of the organization.
- Drew McManus has some intriguing thoughts on a study of the New World Symphony‘s recent seasons regarding concert lengths by the WolfBrown consulting firm.
- New Music USA‘s new grant guidelines have been released.
- YouTube plans its first annual YouTube Music Awards show, live in New York.
- Greg Sandow reveals his new partnership with the DePauw University School of Music. They’re revamping the curriculum for the new 21st Century Musician Initiative.