This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by PROTOTYPE Festival artistic director Kristin Marting. PROTOTYPE is an annual festival presenting new opera-theatre and music-theatre works by contemporary artists from New York City and around the world.
- This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by PROTOTYPE Festival artistic director Kristin Marting.
- PROTOTYPE is a co-production of Beth Morrison Projects and HERE, presenting multi-disciplinary opera-theatre and music-theatre work happening January 8th – 19th, 2014.
- The festival presents both complete performances and works-in-progress in partnerships with local arts venues.
- Moby has has released his 11th studio album, Innocents. You can download all the individual tracks and remix at will.
- Leonardo da Vinci was an accomplished painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, writer, and it turns out, bowed piano craftsman.
- How do you get Bon Jovi‘s hit “Livin’ on a Prayer” back on the Billboard Hot 100 list after 25 years? With YouTube and some sweet dance moves.
- CORRECTION – On this episode, Dave is discussing a NewMusicBox piece addressing theatricality in new music, and Sam said the piece was by Isaac Schankler. WRONG. The piece was by Nat Evans, published on November 6, 2013. Sorry, Nat.