This week on SoundNotion, composer Steven Bryant joins the panel to discuss his music, writing for band, making a living as a composer, and technology. PLUS the new Grawemeyer Award winner, Q2 Music ambitious new show and news from the Tweet seats.
- This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by composer and self proclaimed tech nerd Steven Bryant.
- We discuss his new (and devilishly difficult) Concerto for Wind Ensemble, his upcoming Concerto for Alto Sax & Winds written for Joe Lulloff and the Michigan State Wind Symphony, plus how to use electronics in works for large ensemble.
- We’ve got more news from the Tweet seats and this time the focus is on education.
- The Federal Trade Commission finally takes steps to crack down on the MTNA and it’s evil robber baron piano teachers.
- Q2 Music is launching an ambitious new program with in depth composer profiles. Support their efforts and get some Q2 schwag.
- Serbian-born composer Djuro Zivkovic is awarded the 2014 Grawemeyer music prize for his chamber orchestra work “On the Guarding of the Heart.”
- FINALLY! Create your own woodwind fingering charts easily right here thanks to multiple woodwind artist Bret Pimentel.
- And as a special gift to composer nerds, the panel geeks out over form thanks to Music on Main.