Ron Tucker and Ross Marshal of the percussion quartet “ensemble, et al.” join us to discuss recruiting musicians on Craigslist and their new album. Also, the classical section at J&R Computer World is gone and the CSO upsets some “real” journalists.
- This week on SoundNotion, Ron Tucker and Ross Marshall of the percussion quartet “ensemble, et al.” join the panel to discuss recruiting musicians on Craigslist, composing like a band and their new album.
- J&R Computer World, New York’s last classical music record store, gets out of the business.
- There’s a new music streaming service in town (shocker!). Beats Music says it will do it different. The first different thing? No free tier.
- Symphony Space artistic director Laura Kaminsky is stepping down.
- The Chicago Symphony Orchestra has launched their own classical music magazine – CSO Sounds & Stories. We don’t understand the fuss that some people are making.
- Got a free four and half hours? Philip Glass‘s Einstein on the Beach is streaming free through May 7th.