This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by conductor Verena Mösenbichler-Bryant. We discuss her busy conducting schedule on both sides of the pond and she helps us parse the recent asinine statements of Vasily Petrenko and others about female conductors.
- This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by conductor and arranger Verena Mösenbichler-Bryant.
- We discuss her busy conducting and teaching schedule on both sides of the pond.
- She also helps us parse the recent asinine statements of Vasily Petrenko, Bruno Mantovani and others about female conductors.
- While this may come as a surprise to Petrenko and Mantovani, Jessica Duchen points out that there are more female conductors out there that you might think, including some rising stars in the field.
- Don’t take our word about the draconian nature of Petrenko and Mantovani’s statements. Alex Ross and others had some opinions as well.
- Verena says we should see what Kristin Kuster has to say about the state of gender affairs as well.
- Renee Fleming will sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl this year. The first time an opera singer has taken on the task.
- The annual Kurt Weill Festival is featuring a Twitter based outreach project for the 2014 installment. Tweetfonie will allow you to compose a melody that will be arranged and premiered on March 3rd at the Bauhaus.
- Congrats to the winners of the 2014 American Composers Forum National Composition Contest: Michael Laurello, Todd Lerew and Kristina Warren.