This week, composer Armando Bayolo fills us in on the upcoming Washington, D.C.-based Andriessen 75 Festival, a weeklong birthday bash for the influential Dutch composer. Also, we get to hear some of Great Noise Ensemble’s newest album, Guerilla New Music.
- This week on SoundNotion, composer, conductor and Great Noise Ensemble founder Armando Bayolo joins the panel for the second time.
- Armando is mounting a 75th birthday festival for Louis Andriessen. The Andriessen 75 Festival runs April 6th through 13th.
- The festival will feature a performance of Andriessen’s Grawemeyer Award winning opera La Commedia to open the festival as well as his complete string quartets on the closing night by the Aeolus Quartet.
- As if that wasn’t enough to keep him busy, Great Noise Ensemble released a new album in December featuring works by D.J. Sparr, Marc Mellits, Rob Paterson, and Armando himself .
- Amazon Prime Video has given the thumbs up to the classical musician soap opera Mozart in the Jungle.
- Some local venues in Seattle have started giving musician priority parking for loading and unloading gear. Now how about dental coverage?
- Ever fear you’ll lose the auditory minutiae as electronic devices fade from use? Fear not, the Museum of Endangered Sounds won’t let you forget that dial up modem sound or the Windows 95 boot sound.