This month, Eric Honour joins us to discuss teaching “audio for x,” groove in modern music, using your gear wrong, and ritualistic beer drinking. We also touch on iConnectMIDI4+, Csound, FCC net neutrality, music for video games and much, much more!
- Chet Udell’s eMersion Kickstarter got funded!
- Csound is out for iPad – get a tutorial on how to code for CSound here.
- The iConnectMidi4+ nears release – will let you connect three computers (including an iOS device) and 4 MIDI devices simultaneously, and route them however you want!
- Moog has released a Sub Phatty with a braille faceplate, and has delayed the release of the Theremini until “Early June” (Ben is not happy).
- The FCC’s proposed net neutrality rules threaten to create a two-tiered Internet and destroy innovation. Go here and let them know how much that pisses you off. Be eloquent and explicit.
- Not really news, but here’s what a tree’s rings sound like when controlling a piano in Ableton Live (odd data mapping at its finest).
- Our guest Eric Honour, UCM professor, composer, sax player, beer aficionado and much more, discusses teaching “Audio for X” and “Electronic Composition” courses, music for video games Unity3D and FMod studio, joining a GANG, Issues of composing for your own instrument and much much more! (including teaching around Joo Won Park’s delightful Large Intestine piece for no inputs)
- Ben tackles acoustic-to-electrictransducers in this episode’s 2 minute challenge.