This week Sugar Vendil, Director of the Nouveau Classical Project, and composer Trevor Gureckis chat about their ballet “Potential Energies,” premiering in NY at BAM on May 29th. In news, Colorado invites Mary Jane to the concert and NewMusicBox turns 15.
- This week on SoundNotion, Sugar Vendil, Director of the Nouveau Classical Project, and composer Trevor Gureckis chat about their new ballet “Potential Energies,” premiering in New York at BAM on May 29th.
- The ballet is a collaborative effort featuring musicians paired with dancers and choreography by Barbie Diewald. Oh, and fashion is involved.
- I wonder if The Met is due for some labor issues. Peter Gelb says if everyone would just agree that it’s all the unions’ fault, that would be great. Bullet points of the Gelb interview at adaptistration.com. Thanks Drew McManus.
- San Diego Opera rushes to stop the bleeding after several board members depart. The future is still unsure.
- Mary Jane gets invited to the Colorado Symphony.
- NewMusicBox! You just turned 15! You can drive now, but only with a legal guardian in the car.