This week on SoundNotion, we have composer, performer and Mad Coyote Jerome Kitzke. We discuss the political scope of his work past and present. His new album on Innova Records is out July 29th. Also: Gang of a Cartoon and The Rest is Noise turns 10.
- This week on SoundNotion, we have composer, performer and Mad Coyote, Jerome Kitzke.
- His new album on Innova Records, The Paha Sapa Give-Back is out July 29th, featuring performances by ETHEL with Jennifer Kathryn Marshall and percussionist Barbara Merjan plus Jerome’s own The Mad Coyote.
- PLUS – There’s a live show in New York to premiere the album as part of Music at First.
- John Luther Adams’s Pulitzer Prize-winning piece “Become Ocean“ was premiered in New York by the Seattle Symphony during the last ever Spring for Music Festival.
- John Adams‘s Saxophone Concerto is out.
- Labor negotiations start on shaky ground for The Met.
- The Colorado Symphony might not be passing the bong your way after all. But just in case they do, some big names have your stoner/classical playlist suggestions.
- Bang on a Cartoon.