This week on SoundNotion, composer John Supko joins the panel with his new album “s_traits” available November 4, 2014. Also, Klinghoffer fervor can stop already, Maestro Levine bags number 2500, 12 new Music Alive grants, and remembering Stephen Paulus.
- This week on SoundNotion, composer John Supko joins the panel. He collaborated with his Duke colleague Bill Seaman to create “s_traits” available November 4, 2014.
- The album is the product of custom software combining tracks drawn from a database of than 110 hours of audio.
- The release event will feature musicians from Wet Ink Ensemble improvising alongside Seaman’s bearings_traits audio software and programmed generative video.
- Maestro Levine takes the podium takes the podium for number 2500 with The Met.
- League of American Orchestras and New Music USA announce 12 new Music Alive grants pairing composers and orchestras.
- Klinghoffer premiered. Moving on…
- For the sax nerds: Author of the iconic Baker Street sax solo Raphael Ravenscroft dies at 60.
- Legendary theorist Allen Forte dies at 87.
- And the music world loses influential composer Stephen Paulus at 65.