This week on SoundNotion, pianist Dejan Lazic is doing the Internet wrong, Taylor Swift boycotts Spotify, Bard College has a new training orchestra, Medici.tv now live streams from Carnagie Hall and Atlanta reaches a labor deal.
- This week on SoundNotion, the panel ponders how wrong Dejan Lazic is about the Internet and how pushing your “Right to be Forgotten” can lead to unexpected notoriety.
- Taylor Swift pulls her entire catalog from Spotify. Just shake it off Spotify.
- Carnegie Hall begins live streaming through medici.tv. We expect good things from this.
- The Longy School of Music at Bard College has launched a new training orchestra program modeled after the New World Symphony.
- The Atlanta Symphony reaches a labor deal (so now we can not talk about them for a while).
- Tickets for friend of the show Jennifer Higdon‘s opera of the novel Cold Mountain are on sale now. See it if you can.
- RIP Acker Bilk. Great Britain’s premiere pop clarinet schmooze machine dies at 85 (for clarinerds mostly).