This week on SoundNotion, the panel discusses a new multi-cultural orchestra, this year’s New Music Gathering, the lack of staying power in contemporary opera, the ‘other’ piano brands, composers as part of the orchestra, and say farewell to Oliver Sacks.
- Contemporary opera has little staying power.
- Anne Midgette considers all the ‘other’ pianos.
- The Million Dollar Band and gender equality.
- Chineke! is Europe’s first professional orchestra of black and minority ethnic musicians.
- New Music Gather has posted this year’s schedule.
- Making composers a part of the orchestra?
- We say goodbye to Oliver Sacks.