This week, we say goodbye to Sirs Peter Maxwell Davies and George Martin, Yale’s MOOC, the Florence Foster Jenkins trailer, The Shining gets an opera treatment in Minnesota, and Kronos Quartet premieres the first set of its 50 For the Future commissions.
- Yale School of Music launches its first massive open online course.
- The first Florence Foster Jenkins trailer released.
- Sir George Martin (the fifth Beatle) dies at 90.
- Stephen King’s The Shining to be staged as an opera in Minnesota.
- Kronos Quartet will premiere the first set of its 50 For the Future commissions.
- The music world says goodbye to Sir Peter Maxwell Davies.