SupportSupport us for free by using this search box the next time you buy anything from Amazon.
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Author Archives: nate
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by singer, songwriter, composer, performer Corey Dargel. We discuss his new album OK It’s Not OK out on the New Amsterdam, the simple clarity of straight tone with a mic, and the trouble with singing in 11/8.
This week on SoundNotion, we have our interview with Alarm Will Sound artistic director Alan Pierson. AWS kicked off their collaborative project Alarm System with ‘avant-groove’ trio Medeski Martin and Wood. Plus: Simon Rattle, David Geffen and Nazis.
This month, Ben and Nate talk with Chris Biggs and Keith Kirchoff about the SPLICE institute, their music, teaching performers to run Max and DAWs, helping composers to go to the next level. Then Nate explains microcontrollers.
- More news from from NAMM:
- The Jamstik a guitar controller for your iPad
- From the always great Synthopia – Darwin Art’s Trilobyte synth. A synth that evolves!
- Korg has a demo of their remake of the ARP Odyssey.
- Propellerhead’s Discover platform lets you make music between applications and with users all over the world!
- Want to know what the sounds removed from an mp3 sound like?
- Our guests Christopher Biggs (Digital Composition professor at Western Michigan University) and Keith Kirchoff (pianist/composer) talk about the new SPLICE Institute – Awesome summer program at Western Michigan University for composers/performers of electro-acoustic music.
- Nate’s 2-minute challenge is all about microcontrollers in music.
- Keith and Chris share some of their favorite gear too.
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by composer Michael Gordon. The third installment of his City Symphonies, *El Sol Caliente* was premiered with the New World Symphony in January and *Michael Gordon + Bach* is at the Miller Theatre Match 12th.
- Composer Michael Gordon joins us.
- The third installment of his City Symphonies El Sol Caliente with filmmaker Bill Morrison premiered in January.
- Miller Theatre if featuring Gordon’s works Hyper and Dry with Michael Gordon + Bach.
- Christoph Eschenbach leaving National Symphony.
- Chinese conductor Long Yu’s Composer 20:20 project.
- ‘New music Youtube’ with I Care if You Listen dot teevee.