SupportSupport us for free by using this search box the next time you buy anything from Amazon.
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
In this episode we look at a ton of recent interviews, many involving Christopher Drake and Hans Zimmer. We also check out some recent CD releases, and talk about what we’ve been listening to.
- Here is a preview for the score for Batman: Arkham Origins, and an interview with composer Christopher Drake.
- Interview with Cliff Martinez about his score to Only God Forgives.
- Steven Price talks about his score to Gravity.
- Hans Zimmer section: he is on the fence about new Superman/Batman score, he will score Spider-Man 2 (talks here), which he is also assembling a super group for the score. Also, “Is Hans Zimmer Repeating Himself,” was recently asked.
- There was recently a concert of new piano works by film composers.
- The new end credits song for Hobbit sequel released.
- Listen to Brian Tyler’s score to Thor: The Dark World.
- Review of Danny Elfman’s “Tim Burton” concert.
- Who will write the themes for the two new Star Wars TV series?
- 42-track Arrested Development album to be released.
In this episode we look at a lot of news, upcoming scores that we’re looking forward to, congratulate our producer and recent guest Bear McCreary on their recent accolades, and look at new CD releases and what we’ve been listening to lately.
- Hans Zimmer, recently named Composer of the Year by Classical Brits, speaks briefly about his score to “Batman vs. Superman” – “It’s complicated”
- Allison Loring wrote an informative article regarding women orchestrators in Hollywood films.
- Bear McCreary won an Emmy! And has a blog post about his favorite quotes from Elmer Bernstein.
- Does binge watching change things for TV composers?
- Alec Baldwin speaks about why music makes the film.
- Michael Giacchino will score Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland.
- David Chen looks at to Rob Simonsen’s score to The Spectacular Now in a podcast.
- Here is an Interesting article/talk with Howard Shore.
In this episode we interview composer Bear McCreary, talk about movies we’ve recently seen, look at new scoring assignments for composers Ryan Amon, Tyler Bates, and Alexander Desplat, and highlight recent film score releases.
- Breaking Bad composer Dave Porter talks about the final season.
- This article discusses composer Ryan Amon and his score to Elysium.
- Tyler Bates has been hired to score Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Alexander Desplat has been hired to score Godzilla.
- Bill has been listening to music from Breaking Bad (Dave Porter), Elysium (Ryan Amon), Solomon Kane (Klaus Badelt), X-Men trilogy (Michael Kamen, John Ottman, John Powell), and The World’s End (Steven Price).
- Kevin has been listening to The World’s End (Steven Price) and Shaun of the Dead (Dan Mudford and Pete Woodhead).
- New CD releases: Poltergeist 2 (J Goldsmith), The Matrix Reloaded 2CD (Don Davis), Wyatt Earp 3CD (James N Howard), Star Trek Insurrection Expanded Collector’s Edition (J Goldsmith).
- We interview Bear McCreary.
In this episode we chat with Sherlock composer Michael Price, as well as look at John Williams’ and Bear McCreary’s next projects, what orchestra will be performing the future Hobbit score, and a Dr Who concert in Australia.
- Bear McCreary scores Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- New Zealand Symphony scraps tour to continue recording second Hobbit score.
- Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular returning to Austrailia in 2014.
- John Williams confirmed to score new Star Wars trilogy.
- John Williams scores the new film “The Book Thief.”
- David Chen of /Film.com compares, contrasts Williams’ Superman score to Zimmer’s Man of Steel score in podcast.
- Bill’s been listening to Pacific Rim (Ramin Jawadi) and The Wolverine (Marco Beltrami).
- Kevin’s been listening to The Wolverine (Marco Beltrami).
- We interview with Sherlock’s composer Michael Price.
In this episode we look at summer movies Man of Steel and The Lone Ranger, mention a few headlines and Hans Zimmer youtube videos, name a few new CDs, and talk about what we’ve been listening to lately.
- Brian Tyler replaces Carter Burwell on Thor sequel.
- Interview with Henry Jackman regarding his recent scores (This is the End, Turbo, Captain Phillips, Captain America: The Winter Soldier).
- Hans Zimmer does an AMA on reddit.
- Hans Zimmer: “The first thing I did was leave out the trumpet.”
- Behind the scenes video on the Man of Steel score recording sessions.
- 2nd behind the scenes video of MoS featuring all the drummers.
- Bill’s Been Listening to Tron Uprising (Joseph Trapanese), John Dies at the End (Brian Tyler), Man of Steel (Zimmer), The Lone Ranger (Zimmer), The Master (Jonny Greenwood).
- Kevin’s been listening to Man of Steel (Zimmer), Game of Thrones (Ramin Djawadi),
Justice League/Unlimited (Lolita Ritmanis, Kristopher Carter, Michael McCuistion).
- New CD releases: Fandango (Alan Silvestri), Rio Conchos (J Goldsmith), The Forgotten (Laurence Rosenthal), Patriot Games (James Horner), Green Lantern: the Animated Series (Frederik Wiedmann).