SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
This week on SoundNotion, Mason Bates and Mark Campbell are writing a Steve Jobs opera, a new weapon emerges in the “Happy Birthday to You” copyright battle and the Met steps toward modernity by doing away with blackface and starting a Roku channel.
- Mason Bates and Mark Campbell to do Steve Jobs opera in Santa Fe.
- The Met will no longer use blackface.
- The Met has also started a Roku channel.
- The Happy Birthday battle rages on.
- Top 10 lost American masterpieces according to Leonard Slatkin
- Friend of the show Anthony de Mare’s project Liaisons: Re-Imagining Sondheim for the Piano drops September 25th.
This week on SoundNotion, Sam, Dave, and Nate nerd out about the W3C Music Notation Community Group, the Interstellar Golden Record is available on NASA’s SoundCloud page, the music world says goodbye to Vic Firth, and the panel solves streaming.
This week on SoundNotion, orchestra consultant, Adaptistration editor, and long time friend of the show Drew McManus joins the panel. He fills us in on his new initiative, Venture Arts Incubator and we parse the week’s news.
This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by composer, NYC Music Services owner and Sibelius Blog author Philip Rothman. We discuss engraving platforms and nerd out over a printer. Also, the music world says goodbye to Gunther Schuller and James Horner.
- Philip Rothman
- Sibelius Blog
- Interview with Ben Finn: part 1, part 2
- Dave’s take on Sibelius
- NYC Music Services
- Einstein on the Beach doc on Kickstarter
- Boston Conservatory/Berklee College of Music merger
- Gunther Schuller
- James Horner
- Taylor Swift/Apple Music
- Daniel Spreadbury on SoundNotion 118
- Daniel again on SoundNotion 204