SupportSupport us for free by using this search box the next time you buy anything from Amazon.
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
This week on SoundNotion Du Yun and Alex Weiser join with what to expect at the 2015 MATA Festival, taking place April 13-18 at The Kitchen in New York City. Plus, Dudamel signs on through the 21-22 season and a Charlie Parker opera in Philadelphia.
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by singer, songwriter, composer, performer Corey Dargel. We discuss his new album OK It’s Not OK out on the New Amsterdam, the simple clarity of straight tone with a mic, and the trouble with singing in 11/8.
This week on SoundNotion, we have our interview with Alarm Will Sound artistic director Alan Pierson. AWS kicked off their collaborative project Alarm System with ‘avant-groove’ trio Medeski Martin and Wood. Plus: Simon Rattle, David Geffen and Nazis.
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by composer Michael Gordon. The third installment of his City Symphonies, *El Sol Caliente* was premiered with the New World Symphony in January and *Michael Gordon + Bach* is at the Miller Theatre Match 12th.
- Composer Michael Gordon joins us.
- The third installment of his City Symphonies El Sol Caliente with filmmaker Bill Morrison premiered in January.
- Miller Theatre if featuring Gordon’s works Hyper and Dry with Michael Gordon + Bach.
- Christoph Eschenbach leaving National Symphony.
- Chinese conductor Long Yu’s Composer 20:20 project.
- ‘New music Youtube’ with I Care if You Listen dot teevee.