SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: 80s pop
In this episode Jay Batzner stops by to talk about tenure, teaching, and composing with the infamous [bubbler~] plugin, natural horns, and a Flaming Carrot. In other topics, we dig into Electro-Acoustic archaeology, and Ben explains amplitude modulation.
- News from the software/hardware front:
- Ableton 9.1.5 is out! (important maintenance update for bug fixes/improvements)
- Reason 8 comes out on September 30th (Ben is planning to stay up until midnight to get it).
- iOS 8 is out, so everybody update your apps!
- Keith McMillen has come out with version 2 of the 12 step MIDI controller.
- Ben will be performing the electronics part to Saariaho’s “Laconisme de l’Aile.” Kathryne Salo will be performing the flute part. Free at 8pm at Michigan State University on Friday, Sept. 30.
- Our guest this month is Jay Batzner, composer, blogger and CD reviewer, Programming Director for Electronic Music Midwest, and a great follow on Twitter!
- Among other things, we discuss teaching, composing in Max/MSP (especially with the infamous [bubbler~] plugin), natural horns, Electro-Acoustic archaeology and much much more!
- For this month’s 2 minute challenge, Ben takes on Amplitude Modulation.