SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: aacm
Sam and Dave are joined by old pal Tim Rosenberg to discuss the loss of Prince, Henry Threadgill’s Pulitzer-winning work, and recent news about the Met, Steinway’s showroom, and listener email.
- American Composers Forum’s 2016 Champions of New Music
- Alex Ross: James Levine’s Accomplishment at the Met
- Steinway’s Grand Design: A Modern Temple to the Piano
- Sasha Frere-Jones: Dorian Purple
- Ann Power: Listen To My Body Tonight: How Prince’s Transgressive Spirit Broke Boundaries
- Seth Colter Walls: Henry Threadgill on his Pulitzer prize win for music: ‘I just try to stay hopeful’
This week on the SoundNotion, the panel discusses the cost of total serialism (20,000 Euro turns out), an online catalog of John Cage’s works, and we decide that building community is important but we’re not sure how to do it or what we mean by community.