SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: A/B Duo
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by longtime friend of the show, new music advocate and music small business mogul Meerenai Shim. We discuss her new label Aerocade Music and her new album of electroacoustic music titled Pheromone.
Flute and percussion chamber group A/B Duo (Meerenai Shim and Chris Jones) joins us this week to plug their new EP, upcoming performances and ROCKING! Plus an inflatable concert hall, the demise of New York City Opera, and What Would Beethoven Do?
- Flute and percussion chamber group A/B Duo (Meerenai Shim and Chris Jones) joins us this week to plug their new EP, upcoming performances and ROCKING!
- Sadly, New York City Opera will like file for bankruptcy protection and miss the remainder of the season.
- In the wake of 2012 tsunami, the new Ark Nova inflatable concert hall created by renowned Japanese architect Arata Isozaki and British-Indian sculptor Anish Kapoor will tour areas ravaged by the disaster.
- What Would Beethoven Do? Perhaps structure his Kickstarter a bit more realistically, be SN wishes them the best of luck.
- #FoTS Rob Deemer has some thoughts on updates to the National Core Arts Standards. (He’s advising the team.)
- Please take a moment to nominate SoundNotion for a People’s Choice Podcast Award in the “Cultural / Arts” category. Nominations open Tuesday, October 1.
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by long time #FoTS Meerenai Shim with her newest CD, The Art of Noise. Meerenai shares tales from the Chiptune scene, questing for obsolete operating systems, her flute/Game Boy and we discuss the week’s news.
- This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by long time #FoTS Meerenai Shim with her newest CD, The Art of Noise.
- She’s been having a blast playing for Chiptune enthusiasts with Matthew Joseph Payne‘s piece for flute and Game Boy (our pick of the week).
- Meerenai also has a new group for flute and percussion – A/B Duo with Chris Jones.
- Meerenai is a busy performer, so go see her live.
- San Francisco has reached a two year deal (not an April fools joke).
- The Koussevitzky Music Foundation announces the 2013 commission winners.
- Anthony Tommasini has some thoughts on the future World Trade Center performing arts center.
- Daniel Spreadbury debriefs anxious notation nerds on the first five months of development at Steinberg.
- Sell your Straus on Ebay and pick up the Post-Tonal Tool Kit for your iPhone. (No Android??)
- Imagine the instructions for setting this baby up. Luc-Alain Giraldeau‘s large installation work, 21 Balançoires plays while you swing.
- The music world says goodbye to Pulitzer Prize winning composer Robert Ward.