SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: adaptistration
This week on SoundNotion, orchestra consultant, Adaptistration editor, and long time friend of the show Drew McManus joins the panel. He fills us in on his new initiative, Venture Arts Incubator and we parse the week’s news.
This week on SoundNotion, we moderate a discussion on substitute musician pay equity in the Minnesota Orchestra between Roberts Levine and Drew McManus. Plus:The CMA/ASCAP Awards for Adventurous Programming and Björk’s new album leaked and released early.
- This week on SoundNotion, we moderate a discussion on pay equity for substitute musicians in the Minnesota Orchestra between Robert Levine and Drew McManus.
- Also this week, the CMA/ASCAP Awards for Adventurous Programming are announced. Festival of New Trumpet Music you say? Dave approves (he’s a trumpet nerd).
- Björk’s new album Vulnicura was leaked two months early, so she decided to go ahead and release it. Sam approves (he’s a Björk nerd). Go and buy it.
This week on SoundNotion, orchestra business consultant and friend of the show Drew McManus joins us to talk about his Orchestra 990 Database Project. If you care about the future of orchestras, you should consider backing his Kickstarter project.
- This week on SoundNotion, orchestra business consultant, website solutions specialist and friend of the show Drew McManus joins us to talk about his Orchestra 990 Database Project.
- If you care about the future of orchestras and are a fan of financial transparency, you should back his Kickstarter project (going to be way better than GuideStar).
- Spotify purchases Echonest for $100,000,000! (non-technerds, omit the exclamation point).
- The music world bids farewell to opera greats Robert Ashley and Gerard Mortier. You can catch Ashley’s recently competed opera Crash this April at the Whitney Museum of American Art 2014 Biennial.
This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by orchestra business guru Drew McManus. We discuss the departure of Osmo Vänskä in Minnesota, the final demise of New York City Opera, the orchestra strike in Germany and the success of the Rest is Noise Festival.
- This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by orchestra business guru, web design hero, arts job matchmaker, best-dressed panelist, and long-time friend of the show Drew McManus.
- He stopped by to discuss the the departure of Osmo Vänskä in Minnesota and what it means for the future of the group and its fans.
- Drew rolls up his sleeves for a grizzly post-mortem following New York City Opera‘s bankruptcy filing.
- The Berlin Philharmonic leads a country-wide, one-day strike of over 100 orchestras.
- And even the stagehands are getting in on the Orchestramageddon action at Carnegie Hall. However, the brief strike has already been resolved.
- BUT WAIT – There is some good news for orchestral music this week over at Jessica Duchen‘s blog. Southbank Centre‘s The Rest is Noise Festival is going gangbusters and bringing in new audiences.
- BUT WAIT (again) – According to Bob Shingleton at On An Overgrown Path, the news is not that great and the audiences not that new.
- And lastly, don’t forget to nominate us for People’s Choice Podcast Award this week in the Cultural/Arts category. That would be very cool of you. Thanks.
Joe Berkovitz of Noteflight.com joins us this week to share with us his new and incredibly exciting cloud-based notation software! It has cloud storage, social score sharing, a brilliant user interface, and you can read it on your iPhone!
- The web-based notation software Noteflight is the brilliant new(ish) project led by our guest Joe Berkovitz. It uses cloud storage, shares with friends, plays well with other software, and is easy to use and looks great on everything from your PC to iPhone!
- Drew McManus tells us how the Nashville Symphony is trying to make a deal, but both sides are leaking to the press in spite of a previous media blackout agreement.