SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Alan Turing
This week on SoundNotion, orchestra consultant, tech savvy arts entrepreneur and #FoTS Drew McManus joins the panel with GOOD NEWS IN THE ORCHESTRA BUSINESS, classical music’s romance with Twitter, Alec Baldwin’s $1,000,000 donation and much more.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion #FoTS Drew McManus brings good news in the orchestra business, cartoons and the bottom line on orchestra bottom lines.
- The New York Philharmonic takes over the Park Avenue Armory and streams a little Stockhausen (and the recording is free for a while).
- Alec Baldwin donates his Capital One commercial money ($1,000,000) to the New York Philharmonic.
- Sibelius owner Avid will outsource development of the popular notation software. They’re taking Daniel Spreadbury away from us! Let him know he’ll be missed.
- London Olympics organizers generously offer free exposure to musicians performing for free at the games. WAIT – My nephew has a great garage band just back from a successful middle school dance tour that would be GREAT!
- Alan Turing’s 100th birthday celebrated by the London Philharmonic with a new work from Iamus. That guy cranks our pieces like a machine!
- Bob Shingleton from the On An Overgrown Path blog considers classical music’s fatal attraction with Twitter.
- American soprano and revered Lulu interpreter Evelyn Lear dies at 85.
- BONUS LINKS from Drew – Check out these orchestral success stories in Nashville, Oregon and St. Louis. Also – this guy does good stuff – Marc van Bree.