SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Allan Kozinn
This week on SoundNotion violinist/violist Miranda Cuckson joins the panel to discuss her new album Melting the Darkness with works by living composers plus one by gem by Xenakis. Plus, Allan Kozinn moves on to greener pastures and ArtsHacker.com is live.
- This week on SoundNotion violinist/violist Miranda Cuckson joins the panel to discuss her new album Melting the Darkness.
- The release features works by Georg Friedrich Haas, Oscar Bianchi, Christopher Burns, Alexander Sigman, Ileana Perez Velázquez, Robert Rowe and one gem by Iannis Xenakis.
- Artshacker.com is LIVE! Friend of the show Drew McManus has just the thing for arts management professionals out there.
- After a long and stellar career with the New York Times, the great Allan Kozinn leaves the paper of record.
- Alarm Will Sound has a great new project called Alarm System. They’ll spend the next year collaborating with Medeski, Martin and Wood and others while testing the boundaries between domains.
This week Philip Bradbury brings his interactive, graphic novel, music project with artist Dave Gardiner featuring a martial artist/jazz saxophonist. Also Kozinn shafted, Cage is 100, the artist formerly know as Han Bin, and Gene Roddenberry is a jerk.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion Philip Bradbury brings his interactive, graphic novel, music project with artist Dave Gardiner featuring a martial artist/jazz saxophonist. Get behind this project here.
- Philip also has wind symphony piece about the NASA space shuttle program – The World in My Window.
- ArtistDirect hires some big guns for a new online classical education program.
- Allan Kozinn gets a “lateral promotion” from covering the classical beat to “general cultural” reporting. Look here if you want him put back on the job.
- Cage would have turned 100 this week. What’s the big deal? (this sweet app for starters)
- Orchestras in Indianapolis, San Antonio and Atlanta face serious labor issues.
- Hahn-Bin = Amadeus Leopold.
- Gene Roddenberry steals from Star Trek theme composer Alexander Courage.
- Prolific lyricist and Burt Bacharach collaborator Hal David dies at 91.