SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: American Composers Forum
Sam and Dave are joined by old pal Tim Rosenberg to discuss the loss of Prince, Henry Threadgill’s Pulitzer-winning work, and recent news about the Met, Steinway’s showroom, and listener email.
- American Composers Forum’s 2016 Champions of New Music
- Alex Ross: James Levine’s Accomplishment at the Met
- Steinway’s Grand Design: A Modern Temple to the Piano
- Sasha Frere-Jones: Dorian Purple
- Ann Power: Listen To My Body Tonight: How Prince’s Transgressive Spirit Broke Boundaries
- Seth Colter Walls: Henry Threadgill on his Pulitzer prize win for music: ‘I just try to stay hopeful’
This week: NEA gets a raise, Alan Gilbert announces his plans to step down, MMW jams with AWS, US Copyright Office suggests big changes to music licensing, and more.
- NEA – Might get a 2 million dollar raise.
- Alan Gilbert – Stepping down in 2017. #nowhiring
- MMW with AWS – Alarm System ensues.
- American Composers Forum – 2015 National Composition Contest winners.
- US Copyright Office – 245 pages of suggestions on music licensing.
This week, the American Composers Forum’s Vice President of Programs, Craig Carnahan, discusses the ACF’s 40th anniversary celebrations and the National Composer Night Out.
- Craig Carnahan, Vice President of Programs at the American Composers Forum, joins the panel. It’s the ACF’s 40th Anniversary! (And there is a National Composer Night Out on May 14, 2015.)
- The Minnesota Orchestra Composer Institute is back! Its 12th incarnation just took place and Craig tells us it was INCREDIBLE. Get ready for next year.
- Spring for Music is being reborn as Shift: A Festival of American Orchestras, taking place at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by the 2014 American Composers Forum Composition Contest Finalists Michael Laurello, Todd Lerew, Kristina Warren. We listen to their music and discuss the process of writing for So Percussion.
- David MacDonald
- Sam Merciers
- Patrick Gullo
- ACF Finalists
- This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by the 2014 American Composers Forum Composition Contest finalists Michael Laurello, Todd Lerew, and Kristina Warren.
- Here’s Todd’s Quartz Cantabile in action.
- We listen to their music and discuss the process of writing for So Percussion.
- discussing a spend of indeterminacy time also we quite bit