SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: American music
Topics include: what it means to be a badass composer, finding the “American” in American music, writing for piano, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
This week’s panel:
This week’s topics include:
- Who are the most badass composers? Apparently, Dmitri is #1. We’re not so sure about that.
- Marin Alsop talks to Tom Huizenga about what makes American music American.
- Vivan Fung feels like she’s a “banana.” How hard is it for composers to find and honor cultural roots in their music?
- Is writing for the piano easier if you’re a pianist?
- Dan Visconti has an interesting way of learning instruments–or, at least, attempting to learn instruments.
Pick of the week:
- This week: We are holding this week’s Pick of the week until we can have Du Yun on the show. In its place, we each shared a piece of music we have been listening to lately.
- Next week: Visissitudes No. 1 by Du Yun – Amazon MP3 – iTunes